Hometown: Westchester, NY
Current obsession: Sloths
If I was still in high school, I hope I wouldn’t have been too shy to be friends with Janie. Silly, self-deprecating, and smiley, Janie is full of stealthily clever quips and observations. She has about a billion friends she’s always texting and is rarely seen without her trademark infectious smile. Unlike many of the other teens I’ve encountered in my hometown, Janie has a truly good heart, even if she hides it under her teasing nature and goofy expressions.
– Travel abroad in Europe for a month
– “Eat the Vermonster at Ben and Jerry’s by myself”
– Maintain good grades for at least a quarter, [one term]
– Order everything off the menu at Starbucks
– Eat a whole box of Twinkies, Yodels
– Be a high school English teacher at a really good school, “because I like English – I enjoy essays and papers, analyzing things”
– “I want to have a really pretty garden with a whole rainbow of color – red flowers, orange flowers, and so on”
– Have two border collies named Max and Ruby, after the bunnies of the same titled show.
– “Buy one pair of extremely expensive shoes and have them the rest of my life and never lend them out to anyone. Huge heels – I’ll probably never wear them but I’ll be proud to have them”
– “When I grow really old, I want to live in an apartment over Central Park”
– Have three daughters
– Marry her soul mate: “He’s going to be obviously taller than me and a year or two older. Freckles, either a hazel or blue eye color, brown hair. I don’t care if he has perfect muscle tone or body. Same interests as me, like literature. I don’t really care about his job.”
– More on her soulmate: “I want him to be really cute and believe in romantic gestures. I want to be sad one day and come home and there will be roses. And I’m going to cook for him, but every blue moon, he’ll cook for me”
– Attend college at Skidmore or University of Vermont
– Eat all the spiciest wings at Buffalo Wild Wings without dying
– “Have a really good relationship with my mom for the rest of my life, because we fight now, and I want us to be able to go out for lunches and things.”
– Be able to watch the three scariest movies – Human Centipede, the Omen, and the Exorcist.
– “Get a charm bracelet and each place we go, get a new charm with my husband.”
– Every year, take a vacation with family (siblings/parents) to a tropical place.
– “Change my hair color for a period of my life, but I don’t know what color”
– Get bellybutton pierced
– Plan a spontaneous trip and just go
– Get her one (barely!) crooked tooth fixed
– Keep a journal regularly
– Have a cute little orange cat that looks like a Creamsicle
– Learn how to sing; “I want to learn so bad”
– “In the summer, have a place on the water, that I’ll have to save up a long time for. In my forties or something.”
– Go on a really cool rock climbing adventure