Hometown: Westchester, NY
Favorite show: Full House
Abby is about to finish fifth grade and embark on that rather bewildering and disagreeable period of life known as middle school. But she’s a clever kid, one that easily meets the jibes of her older siblings with sassy retorts and a quick smile. She loves drawing and playing with her two cats and her mammoth of a golden retriever. To my terrible embarrassment, Abby can beat me at any card game (let’s not dwell on the fact that she’s half my age). If she could have a superpower, she would want to be able to fly. There are a lot of entitled, bratty kids in my town, but Abby is surprisingly selfless, along with imaginative and wise beyond her years.
– Squish grapes with her feet like in the movies
– Be in one of those gerbil balls that can go on the top of water so you can walk on water
– Go on a safari
– Open up a gluten-free bakery named Lunchbox, “with a world famous recipe and everyone will want it”
– Ride a jetpack
– “Have a really cool design on my nails. Like, the Power Puff Girls.”
– Be an elementary school teacher
– Have two dogs and a cat, and name the dogs Milo and Otis
– Travel the whole world
– Go to Disney World and Disney Land in the same month
– Make a cartoon, one that will be on TV, either with animals or superheroes.
– Put a security camera on Christmas Eve, “because I know it’s not true, but I want to see how parents make it all secretive”
– Have a tree house. “I want to build one that’s actually in a tree. A lot of people have ones not in trees.”
– “Stick my head out on the highway. Go so fast it’s like a rollercoaster.”
– Design a clothing line, with sundresses and shirts that have animals saying funny stuff on them
– See every room in the White House. “That’d be cool because there are rooms not open to the public”
– Make a zip line between two houses. “Like if you live next to your best friend, you can zip line to her house.”
– Learn how to ride a unicycle.
– Ride an elephant.
– Ride with dolphins in the ocean.
– “Make an art piece and then it gets into a museum. Like a painting.”
– Have a reaaaaally big garden, with a stream or a pond, and a bridge over it and flowers around it.
– Build an ultimate [game of] Twister. The hardest [game of] Twister ever.
– Ride the fastest water slide
– Win a free vacation to Hawaii
– “Build my dream house. I wouldn’t pay builders. Me and other people would actually build it.”
– See all the animals in the world