Happy Fourth of July! I hope you are enjoying it! To think that once upon a time, this was a serious-business type holiday, where the whole town would shut down and people would gather to celebrate the country’s independence. Or perhaps I’ve just read too much Little House on the Prairie.
Well, go forth and celebrate our great American achievements. You know, dropping ‘u’s from words like color and humor. Fast food, superstores. Only showing an interest in soccer when we’re competing against the rest of the world. All that. Yay, ‘Murica!
Here are some links in case you get overwhelmed with patriotism this weekend and need a break:
• There’s still time to catch up on Gala Darling’s Radical Self Love July challenge on Instagram
• This Doctor Who crossover with the Time Warp will have to hold me over til August
• Danielle took a literary adventure in New York City that I can’t wait to replicate!
• Do you know about Tumblr’s latest meme?
• A reminder for aspiring adults. The first steps are always the hardest.
• The New York Times shows that marriage is… well, marriage, when they catch up with the first same-sex marriages to appear in the paper, ten years later
• Does the sound of thunderstorms inspire you to write (or maybe sleep)? Rainymood has you covered.
Have a happy weekend and enjoy the sun, the barbecues, and the fireworks!