Hello! Hope your weekend is full of sunshine, and if you haven’t yet crossed going to the beach off of your summer bucket list, you do so immediately.
I kicked off this weekend with a field trip with my coworkers to take a tour of Penguin publishing house and meet John Green’s fabulous editor. For those of you not in the YA literary world, John Green is basically Beatlemania, and his editor would be like meeting the Beatles’s manager. It was such a treat to meet her! I spent the rest of the weekend reading (what else) and catching up with friends I haven’t seen in years.
Here are your weekend links for inspiration in your own life!
• The story of the tallest woman to ever live is unique and touchingly poignant.
• Is it bad that I really would love to see these Rejected Princesses get their own movies?
• I love this 17 minute movie short about a blind boy in Portugal falling in love, entitled Eu Não Quero Voltar Sozinho or, I Don’t Want to Go Back Alone. It’s being expanded into a full-length film this year!
• An offshoot of the American Confederate South living in Brazil? Life is stranger than fiction.
• This site is so helpful for fueling my Netflix binging.
• Life, After. How one reporter adjusted to life after losing his arm.
• Does “Orange is the New Black” match up to prison life? One former inmate gives her perspective.
Enjoy your weekend!