Hello, hello! I spent today shivering (50 degrees is my idea of winter), and picking both apples and pumpkins with some lovely friends. And of course, warming our hands with hot cider! On the farm, there was a bakery that let you watch fresh cider doughnuts being made and that had my gluten-hating body feeling quite sad for a moment. Oh well. I’ll just have to make my own. While I hate the cold and hope to one day live for a bit in a place where it’s warm year-round, I would miss these autumnal rites of passage!
Here are some links to peruse as the crisp chill of fall settles nicely in –
- What happens when second graders are treated to a $220 seven-course meal? Exactly what you expect.
- And on the topic of dining, I love this woman’s challenge to herself to cook a meal from each country
- These Native American women keeping their culture alive are so inspiring to stay true to your roots
- Why it’s okay, and actually important to obsess over the details
- A day in the life of a New York City ballerina is fascinating
- Are you feeling Halloween yet? I love these 13 ways to infuse some magic into your home
- The secret lives of America’s migrant workers – it’s so important to give their stories a voice
Have a opulent, outstanding, odd week!