Happy November! How were your Halloween revelries? I went down to the parade in Greenwich Village with friends – the stunning costumes there were such a treat! No tricks this year.
We get an extra hour of sleep today, but I always dread Fall Back and the end of Daylight Savings Time. It’s always so dismal when it’s dark after four – but I shouldn’t complain. If we were in Scandinavia we’d hardly see the sun at all for the next few months. Though they have the Northern Lights, glogg, and hot springs. Fair trade-off, I’d say.
Enjoy your extra hour with these reads!
- This 10 vegetable spice soup looks perfect for fall evenings – and it’s freezer friendly so stock up!
- A new month means a good time to try new challenges
- Would you ever try fried maple leaves?
- These brilliant bookstores all look like destinations for my bucket list
- Wow, this 14-year-old girl’s harrowing tale of escaping being kidnapped by ISIS is so courageous
- A beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if age is really just a number? A crazy look at the power of the mind
Have a theatrical, transcendent, tremendous week!