Happy Sunday! It’s finally properly nippy out. Which just serves to remind me of my yearly pledge to move to a tropical climate. One that I never actually do. Oh well. Eventually, eh?
Let’s talk about what happened this week. Danielle and I met one of our heroes from our teenage years. Anne Rice, the vampire queen. I still feel faint. Some people want to meet movie stars or celebrities. I want to meet authors. But at the same time, I feel as though I’ll end up spontaneously combusting like a mortal when a Greek God reveals their true splendor. Oh my god, she told me I had a beautiful name.
In other news, I’m plodding along with NaNoWriMo! I was so excited to see that an author I quite admire is participating this year! Here are some links if you’re procrastinating your daily word count like me.
- I know Halloween is over, but I love these terrific toddlers!
- Also, any kid who has traded candy knows there is a serious barter market
- Keeping in line with fall, these meringue acorns look yummy and easy
- What happens when you try to bring your Nobel Prize through airport security. Totally happens to me all the time
- Something I need to remind myself often: ‘does it really matter?’
- Five simple strategies for tackling insecurity and getting on with your fab self
- A teacher spent two days as a student and her experience shocked her
Have an uncharted, unexpected, upbeat week!