Happy early Thanksgiving! This week, I shivered and huddled in my giant eskimo parka each morning before work. I really need to invent a little bubble I can live in safely and warmly. What else? We celebrated my dad’s birthday yesterday with lots of cake! Sometimes, his birthday falls on Thanksgiving so he ends up with birthday pumpkin pie. My brother’s birthday is sometimes on Easter, and mine has been on Mardi Gras, and my mom is right after Christmas. Hmm. Maybe we should all be like Jack Skellington and rule over a holiday?
Stop me before I start writing that terrible idea into a story. Without further adieu, this week’s links!
- But first, coffee. What to get the coffee-lover in your life (aka yourself)
- Two new Pokemon games just came out! I love this look into the real mythology behind certain Pokemon
- Still planning your Thanksgiving menu? Look at these recipes, one for each state!
- Listen to the voice in your head. This woman did
- Getting married in a bookstore? Plus The Night Circus? Yes, please
- 11 tricks to feeling fairly awesome when it’s freezing
- While we’re stuffing our faces on Turkey Day, National Geographic takes a look at what the rest of the world eats
Have a gluttonous, devouring, insatiable week!