It’s Christmas 7th! December may be my favorite month. I love all the Yule time celebrations. Speaking of, I really think we should just turn the entire month back to its pagan roots. It could be a worldwide Midwinter bacchanal of drinking and celebration, complete with big bonfires and whatnot. Though we can skip the animal sacrifices. Seriously – I think the whole feeling of the holidays shouldn’t have to be bound by any religion! Goodwill should be universal. And all those Christmas songs too.
I spent the week thinking up my Secret Santa present, seeing friends, hearing some very talented writers read, and blasting Christmas music every chance I had (it’s okay to do that when you’re not being forced to listen to it, i.e. working in retail).
Hope your holiday season is merry and bright!
- Love this article: when Mommy and Daddy took the toys away
- Gluten free gingerbread men! Nom!
- I’m not the only one who listens to holiday radio nonstop, the New York Times reports
- What “one size fits all” really looks like on all sizes
- If you’re already sick of winter, check out these 10 reasons why Nigeria should be your next vacation
- I laughed – on coming out to a spambot
- Time for 90s nostalgia with these old Nickelodeon shows
Have a charming week!