Hope you’ve had a restful weekend! Last night, we rang in my friend’s 21st birthday in a Midtown bar. We just didn’t happen to realize the day coincided with Santacon, so there were plenty of stumbling Santas, reindeer, elves, penguins, and even a gingerbreadman. It was so lovely to catch up with some of my friends that I haven’t seen since summer! Even though we all technically live so close, we’re all so very busy as we try to figure out adulthood.
I stayed over at my fabulous aunt’s, and enjoyed a warm December Sunday in the city (avoiding the Christmas crowds, for the most part!). But that’s something I love about cities – you can just dart down a side road, an alley, a nook and cranny, and you’ll find your own little slice of peace away from the chaos.
Here are some links to read before the new week!
- I miss this Italian dessert so much! Luckily this gluten-free version exists
- Jo’s quirky friend gift guide is full of fantastic picks
- Or this gift guide for bookworms… I really just like gift guides okay?
- Speaking of books, Sara put together these amazing outfits based on the classics
- In case any of my Hanukkah homies are feeling left out, these homemade jelly donuts are on my cooking list
- As the year comes to a close, it’s important to think about the sort of people we want to become
- And a fascinating look at the dual lives of people with mental illness
Have a wonderful week!