Whoops! Forgot to post this Sunday, but happy post-Christmas and almost-New Year! I hope you all have had a lovely holiday. Santa was too good to me this year. There was an amazing friends-Christmas with the darlings of BiblioSmiles and then a happy (and calm, thank goodness) holiday with the family. We left A Christmas Story on in the background all day, as is our tradition, and my mom, true to her Italian blood, cooked way too much food for four people. I helped, by making the decadent desserts, and we all ate ourselves into food comas.
I think the best thing was this adorable French bulldog sweater my mom gave me. And I made sure to give each of my family members a delightfully dorky gift (because, I accept my geekiness, and have a need to foist it onto other people as well). I’m not entirely sure the Star Trek footie pajamas were well-received, but the expression on the recipient’s face (my sophisticated, high-tech gadget-guy father) was well worth it.
And now we’re off to go skedaddling into 2015. Geez. I still remember being in fourth grade and the whole Y2K hubbub. Let’s all distract ourselves with these links before it sinks in that was fifteen years ago, kay?
- Awww. It’s amazing how times have changed
- These rules for creativity are excellent!
- I miss ramen but this recipe for gluten-free instant noodle cups might be a good replacement!
- A tumblr look at why millennials aren’t buying houses
- I love the idea of a uniform. My brain is so cluttered, this might help!
- You can change your dream, your vision, your life, at any age
- Kim showed me this great news digest to kick off your day with
Have a nifty New Year.