So much for that blizzard I mentioned last Sunday. Six measly inches, when we were promised at least two feet. I wanted to build an igloo! To have to tunnel out of my house, and live completely Laura Ingalls Wilder-style! Well, maybe I’m speaking a tad too quickly. After all, we’re supposed to get a foot starting tonight.
This past week, I battled the elements (because regardless of how much there is, my car doesn’t like snow). I saw one of my besties, and chatted with the BiblioSmiles gang about what our evil alternate-universe selves would be like. …There’s a concern they might cross over into our world. If I ever speak with a Russian accent and wear fur coats, you’ll know.
Here are some links for when you’re waiting for the Superbowl commercials —
- Breathtaking mosques in Iran… another destination for our bucket lists
- Interesting article in the Times about a generation of adoptees returning to South Korea
- Jumpstart to decluttering! One of my resolutions
- Why Humanities majors don’t mean failure: some surprising people with degrees in the Humanities
- This recipe for homemade falafel has me ravenous
- What if Sherlock was framed as a romantic comedy? (Tumblr would rejoice)
- Why poor people stay poor – realities of living in bootstrap America
Have a fanciful February week.