February is seriously showing off this year. I thought January was supposed to be the cold one, but February is ruffling its frosty feathers and channeling its inner Elsa. In other news, this has been the week of insanity. My car got stuck in the snow twice, there were mishaps at one of the offices, the horrific train tragedy, and lots of other miscommunications and upsets. I’m tempted to make a Mercury in retrograde comment.
Still, there’s good times to be had too. Indulging in Valentine’s chocolates, catching up on the Oscar nominations, endless cups of tea, and having impromptu dance parties in your room. That last one might be just me.
Here are some lovely links for your weekend.
- Neil Gaiman answers a fan about trendy bestsellers vs which books become classics
- Iceland is building a temple to Norse gods. Have I mentioned lately how much I adore Iceland?
- This was always glossed over in my history classes, but these accounts of LGBT individuals who lived through the HIV epidemic is both startling and heartbreaking
- Be still, my heart! Harper Lee is releasing another book!
- I want all of these hanging chairs for my future dream house
- What’s the most common job in each state? NPR finds out and it’s pretty surprising
- I love this mini-travel guide to Zimbabwe – ready your passports!
Have an absolutely charming, perfect week.