Happy weekend! I had a tremendous week, getting to see Neil Gaiman and Daniel Handler speak in Brooklyn. I also had the joy of getting to catch up with two of my journalism professors, whom I still love and adore. Plus, Thursday was Chinese New Year. And guess what, it’s my year! Year of the Ram, represent!
Today, I’m venturing into the city for the Chinese New Year parade in Chinatown. It’s my first time going, but if I’m going to go, it might as well be my animal’s year! Plus… it’s rumored to be warm. After the crazy polar vortex, 40 degrees is positively balmy.
Here are some links for the week ahead!
- Do you fit your name? As I get older, I feel more and more like a Gabriele and less like a Gaby
- I might be obsessed with Iceland, but this blue-haired bride’s wedding there is gorgeous
- This NYT article on how corporate women are used as office housekeepers is pretty alarming
- Interesting! Check out the differences in weight-loss reality shows in America vs Japan
- Wow. This story of experiencing a tsunami in Japan is wild
- How to get over the hurdles in your life
- Love this! Twelve of Emma Watson’s favorite books—no wonder she’s perfect as Belle!
Have a fantastic week.